HEALTHY a BLT??? What???
You’ll LOVE this healthy pairing! The Delicious Colossal Red, which got 91 its from Wine Spectator paired with this easy to prepare Blackened Salmon BLT:
- Produce (Butter Lettuce, Avocado, Red Onion, cherry tomatoes)
- Meat Dept (Fresh or frozen Salmon, Bacon)
- Pantry (Blackening Seasoning, Olive Oil)
1. Bake the bacon on a rack ideally to help fat be drained. 400 degrees, for 12-15 minutes (just check frequently). Blister tomatoes at medium-high in a cast iron pan with olive oil, salt and pepper while bacon is cooking.
2. Heat pan on medium-high heat, sprinkle with blackening seasoning on both sides, and sear in a little olive oil. Don't overcook.
3. Chop lettuce, onion, and Avocado. place in bowl. Top with warm Salmon, tomatoes & bacon, Drizzle with olive oil if desired. Now, pop the Colossal Red and you’ll be on your way to a Tasty, Healthy dinner experience.
Also, a little square of dark chocolate with the Colossal is a GREAT way to cap off the evening.
photo credit Karly’s Kulinary Krusade
Check out the video here!